Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Maddie is "Smitten"!

Hey there, sweet friends!! Gosh, it seems like it's been ages since I've been in my studio . . . and it's been 3 full weeks since I posted anything here on my blog! Well . . . I have a perfectly good reason!! My hubby and I just got back from a Smooth Jazz Cruise!! That's right . . . we spent a full week floating around the Caribbean . . .
. . . and drinking delicious adult beverages with those adorable little umbrellas!!
And then . . . after enjoying 80 degree F temperatures, we came back to cold and snow!! Haha!!
But . . . no worries . . . snow is melting, finally! And I'm baaaack . . . all relaxed and excited about this week's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Oh, oh, oh . . . and this week's hostess is my very talented DT sister, Nela who has chosen the theme . . .

"Don't Be Square"

Easy peasy, right? So here's what I came up with . . .
Say hello, once again, to little miss Maddie!! Yep . . . I'm still lovin' her! But . . . be sure to check out Cheryl's store HERE because she's got lots of new digi images . . . not to mention a couple of adorable new characters!! Sooooo . . . this little Maddie is actually called "Smitten" . . . and she's available HERE at Sassy Cheryl's Digis. Here's another view . . .  
I decided to use lots of shapes . . . and create a little easel Valentine's Card!! Here's sort of a side view . . . 
My card "recipe" . . .
Real Red cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: "Lovely" by Authentique
Frilly Square #10 Die: Go Kreate
Heart dies: Nestabilities by Spellbinders
Sentiment: Penny Black
Pearls & brad: My stash
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Copic and Shin Han markers & color pencils

And one last, sort of "artsy" view . . .
And there ya have it . . . my NOT SQUARE creation! Please pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog and take a look at all the gorgeousness created by my fellow DT Sassettes! Then, we'd love for you to pull out some of your own craft supplies and at least one Sassy Cheryl image and join us for this week's challenge! Oh, and don't forget . . .

One lucky participant, selected at random, will win . . .
TWO Sassy Cheryl Digi Images!

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . and, as always, for your very sweet comments! Great big "sassy" hugs!