Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy B-day for a "Little" Sister . . .

Hey there, darlins! Can you believe it's Thursday already? I am delighted to say that we are finally having some beautiful Spring-like weather here in Richmond, Virginia, USA! Yay!! In fact, it's been so lovely outside that my sweet hubby and I have taken to walking in the late afternoons!! Our two furbaby boys (toy poodles) are hap-hap-happy campers, believe me!! Okey dokey . . . now that I've given you the latest weather report, let's talk about this week's fabulously fun challenge at Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog!! My sweet and crazy-talented DT sistah, Tracy, is our hostess this week! And Tracy has chosen as our theme . . .

"Fabric . . . "

That's right . . . she wants us to add some fabric to our projects!! Good news, though . . . "fabric" can also mean lace, twill tape, burlap, or cheesecloth/gauze . . . so I'm good to go with my "fabric-y" lace!! hehe! So . . . here's my card . . . .
I have to admit, I have always always LOVED this Mo Manning image! It's perfect for a card from one sister to another!! In fact, I've used this very image for a card that I gave to my sister last year!! She loved it!! Soooooo . . . when my 94-year-old mother-in-law commissioned me to make a card for her to give to her "baby" sister for her birthday, of course, I pulled out this precious - and somewhat quirky - Mo image!! Oh . . . this is funny . . . my MIL insists on paying me . . . so I told her she could give me $5.00 for the card! hehe! Family discount, don'tcha know?!  LOL!!! Here's a close-up . . .
This image is called "Stepsisters" and is available HERE in Mo's online store. Can you see the taller one is giving her sister "rabbit ears"? hahaha! And those expressions . . . they crack me up!! Here's a side view . . .
 My Card "Recipe" . . .
Elegant Eggplant cardstock: Stampin' Up
Digital DPs: "Time for Tea" available at Nitwits
Dies: Frilly Dies #7 (Go Kreate) & Magnolia
Sentiments: Stampin' Up & computer-generated
Baja Breeze seam binding: Stampin' Up
Pearls & feathers: My stash
Charm: The Charm Store 24/7
Flowers & pearl brad: Wild Orchid Crafts
Lace: The Ribbon Girl
Stickles
Picket Fence Crackle Paint: Tim Holtz
Copics & Colored pencil

A peek at the inside . . . 
Note: My mother-in-law's "little" sister is celebrating her 90th birthday! Isn't that delightful? That family has some serious longevity in their gene pool! Here's one more view . . .
 I hope you enjoyed my little card. And I really, really hope my MIL and her sister enjoy it! It really was such fun to make! Now . . . please pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog to check out the fabulous projects created by Tracy and the rest of my talented Design Teamies! Then, please join us for this week's challenge. It's simple . . .  just pull out your craft supplies and at least one Mo Manning image and let the crafting begin!!

Oh . . . and don't forget, Mo is awarding (selected at random) one $5.00 shopping spree at her online store for every 25 challenge participants!

And that's it for me! Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Until next time . . .