Monday, April 23, 2012

Butterflies are free . . . and orange!


Hello my darlins! Ruh roh . . . it's been a while since I posted anything . . . and Blogger has changed things up a bit! aacckkk!! So you'll forgive me if I goof this up, right?!! hehe! OK, so here's the deal, I was asked the other day to make a card for a friend's daughter . . . it's her 16th birthday! And it seems this young lady love, love, LOVES the color ORANGE!!! Me? I don't love orange quite so much! But I think I pulled it off with today's Sugar Nellie DT card . . . what'cha think?!


I tried to balance the orange a wee little bit with some soft aqua. I quite like the results, if I do say so myself!! This little sweetheart is "Butterfly Girl" . . . from the "Simply Sassy" Collection of Sugar Nellie stamps! Acckk!! I just checked, and it looks like "Butterfly Girl" is out of stock. BUT, do check out the rest of the adorable "Simply Sassy" art by Krista Smith . . . available in deliciously sweet rubber at Funky Kits  HERE. Care for a couple of side views?



Here's my card "recipe" . . . 
Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, & Tangerine Tango Cardstock: Stampin' Up
DPs: Bo Bunny "Country Garden" Collection
Lace & flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Tangerine Tango ribbon: Stampin' Up
Doily Die: Cheery Lynn Designs
Romantic Rectangles die: Nestabilities
Leaves dies: Marianne's Dies
Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart
Sentiments: Just Rite Stamps
Pearls & tiny butterfly punch: My stash
Copics & Prismacolor pencils

. . . a peek at the inside. . .


And, of course . . .


I've decided to enter this little card into the following challenges:


And that's it for me, kiddos!! Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my latest Sugar Nellie DT card! Hugz . . . until next time!!