Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Out of the Ordinary" at the Sugar Bowl...

Happy Thursday and welcome to this fortnight's Sugar Bowl Challenge! Before we get started, though, I just wanted to say - for those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving - I hope yours was fabulous!! We've had our fill of turkey and pumpkin pie, that's for sure!! Deeelish! And now it's time to really get serious about Christmas!! Sooooo...with that in mind, you'd think I'd have a Christmas card to show you today...but, nope, I don't!! Hehehe!!

Cathy, my delightfully talented fellow DT "Sweetie," Cathy, has given us this wonderful sketch to follow...

...and our theme is...

"Out of the Ordinary"
(as in..."do something you wouldn't normally do")

Well...it didn't take long to decide what I was going to do!! You see...I've been admiring my friend 's artwork for the longest time!! Dorcas uses pencils (Prismacolor and Lyras) to color on kraft paper! And, let me tell ya, her work is exquisite!! So...this was the perfect opportunity for me to try out coloring on kraft paper!! After numerous emails to my talented and most patient friend, Dorcas...and after studying her tutorials on coloring with pencils - available on her blog HERE, I just got busy!! What'cha think?!


I chose this cute little Sugar Nellie stamp called "Peek-a-boo"." Adorable, right?! This darlin' comes from Sugar Nellie's "Home Grown Collection" and you can find her HERE at Funky Kits! Here's a close-up...


I will admit...I was fretting up a storm while I was coloring this cutie patootie! Despite my research, this is the very FIRST time I actually ever put pencil to kraft paper!! I will admit...I'm pretty tickled with the results...and am definitely going to try this again and again! Thanks, Dorcas! You rock, sistah!!


Here's my simple little card "recipe"...
Cardstock: kraft paper & DCWV Neutrals
DPS: DCWV: Playtime Kraft Collection
Flower punches: Nellie Snelles
Brads, dies, & jute: stash
Paper crimper
Sentiment stamp: Stampin' Up
Prismacolor pencils

And one last view...


Okey dokey, my darlins...it's time to pop on over to the Sugar Bowl and take a peek at the beautiful projects made by my fellow DT Sweeties. Then, pull out your art supplies and get busy creating your own card or project for this fortnight's challenge! One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a fabulous prize from Sugar Nellie. Once again, our prize for this Sugar Bowl Challenge is....

...your choice of FOUR Sugar Nellie stamps
(increasing to SIX if we have 100+ entries!)...

You will definitely want to invite your friends to play along!! Thank you so much for visiting...and for your very sweeeeeet comments! They really do make my day! Hugs...until next time....