Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Flower Power!

Hey there "Sassy" friends! Happy Tuesday! I'm back from vacation...a wee bit tanner...and a bigger bit chubbier (from all the fabulous food and wine, of course!!!) Ahhhh...but it was soooo relaxing...even with our brief visit from Tropical Storm Maria! hehehe! See that "head" bobbing in the water?? That's me...at the beach in Anse Marcel in St. Martin (the French side of the island). (Like I would ever post a pic of me in a swimsuit...bwahahahaha!!)


So...now that vacay is behind us, it's time for me to start gearing up for fall birthdays and holidays! It's also time for another fabulously fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! Our hostess once again this week is our very own Miz Jackie...and for our challenge theme this week, she's chosen...

Flower Power

Fun, huh?! Well...I knew immediately which Sassy Cheryl image I'd use for this week's challenge! (From the looks of things, several of my Sassy DT Sistahs had the same idea! Great minds think alike, I guess! LOL!)


This little darlin' is called "My Little Flower" (there's a boy version too!) and she's available from Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE. I just love her goofy little smile and hairdo! (I used to wear my hair like this about 50 years ago!!)...and those skinny legs! hehehe! They just crack me up! Here's a slightly different angle....


I used Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, and Close to Cocoa (Stampin' Up) cardstock...and DPs are from Heidi Grace. The sentiments and ribbon also came from Stampin' Up...and the flowers and pearls are from my stash!! I colored this cutie with Prismacolor pencils and Mineral Spirits for blending...it took me an entire evening! I'm still a little "wobbly" and unsure of myself with pencils...and I stress over color choice for layering and mixing. But I'll get there...some day...with practice and patience, I'm quite sure!! Here's a peek at the inside...


And one more of the inside...with the note card removed from its handy dandy little pocket!


Alright my lovelies, it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog to check out the gorgeous work by my talented DT sisters!! Then you'll want to pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find an amazing collection of digi images at Sassy Cheryl's HERE) and get busy making your own little project following this week's "Flower Power" theme! And...remember to link your finished project to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's.!!

Thanks so much for visiting...and for your sweet comments that always make my day! Have a great week...Hugsssssssss...until next time!