Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Candlelight, Copics, wine...

...and a delightful Sassy Cheryl image to color!!

Hello again my "sassy" friends! Yep, it's Tuesday...and it's time for another fun challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog! First...I must tell you, this past week has been a bit crazy in my world...I experienced my first earthquake...AND my first hurricane! Guess I can cross those off my "bucket list" huh?!  But we are all safe and sound...and just crossing our fingers that we get power restored sometime soon. All I can say is, "thanks, Barnes & Noble...for letting me use your electricity and wifi."

So...are ya ready for this week's challenge?! Our very talented Sassy Judy is hostess again this week...and she'd like us all to make a card, tag, or 3D paper project using the theme...

Birthday...for anyone...

How easy and fun is that?! And so many Sassy Cheryl images to choose from. Now...full disclosure, right? I seriously colored this image by candlelight (and flashlight)...while sipping a wee bit of red wine! Remember...I was in the middle of a hurricane!! So...please try your best to ignore my "goofs"!! Ready? Here we go...


So...I chose one of my fave Sassy Cheryl digi images called "Birthday Sundae" (available from Sassy Cheryl's Digis HERE)...isn't she so amazingly cute?!! I just love the "vintage" feel! Here's a side view...


As I look at these photos, they seem a little blurred...or, maybe I need to clean my glasses...nope...blurred! Sorry about that! And, no, I haven't had any wine yet today...it's still morning here! hehehe! Although, I did accidentally take a swig of yesterday's leftover beer with my morning vitamins...I thought it was leftover iced tea! What a surprise THAT was!! ugh!

I used Stampin' Up papers (cardstock and DPs) for this little card...the sentiment is from Lili of the Valley...and the brads and twine are from my stash. Copics? Yep...I used them...but don't ask me to list the colors I used...wine and near darkness, remember??! And, lest you think I had forgotten...no worries, I have not...here's my fave photo angle...the "artsy fartsy" view...


OK sassy friends, it's time to pop on over to Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog HERE to check out the gorgeous work by Judy and the rest of Sassy Cheryl's DT! Then you'll want to pull out your own craft supplies and choose one (or more, if you like) of Sassy Cheryl's images (You can find an amazing array of delightful digi images at Sassy Cheryl's HERE) and get busy crafting!! Remember to use this week's theme...Birthday! And...remember to link your finished card to this week's challenge...because one lucky participant (selected at random) will win a $5.00 digi credit to spend at Sassy Cheryl's.!!

Thanks so much for stopping by...and, as always, thank you sooooo much for your sweet comments!! They really make me smile!! Have a great week!! Hugsssssssssssss...