Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Guess what? It's the second Tuesday of June already! I can't believe we're almost 1/2 way through another month!! At this rate, we'll be at the Winter Holidays before you know it!! But...I'm not thinking quite that far ahead...YET! Instead, I made a little birthday card for my sweet sister-in-law, Mary.


So...can ya guess what color my ever-talented sweet friend and DT sister, Paola, chose for this month's color challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog? Hmmmmm...give up? It's PINK!! So...I pulled out my Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up) and this scrumptious designer paper from My Mind's Eye...and, of course, some of my favorite Maggies and started playing!!


The card front features Birthday Tilda. I have to tell ya, I just love this little darlin'...that dress is just absolutely the cutest, isn't it? And, of course, she looks smashing all dressed in PINK!! Tilda was colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. (E21, 00, 000, 0000 for her hair; R20 for cheeks; R85, 83, 81, RV10, & 000 for all the pinks; E29, 25, 23, 50 and a little YR20 for Tilda's hair; and a little E23, 21, 000 for the cake...oh, almost forgot, candle flames are Y21 w/a little Y000 for the glow; shadow and floor are C2, 1, 0) 


I used one of my fave Magnolia Doohikey Dies...some pink tulle...some cute ribbons from my local craft store...and lots of pearls! Pink and pearls...hmmm...what's not to love about that?! Those ticket images are from Whimsy Stamps. Inside, I used some of my fave Mini Maggies...Tilda with Balloon and Unwrapped...


and added the fun Balloon image twice in two shades of pink next to a blank space to add a little "You're growing older, but not up" note. All images are currently in stock and available from Diana at Magnolia-licious!!


Now you'll want to pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and see what Paola and the rest of the uber-talented Design Team gang have created for your viewing pleasure!! Then...be sure to join in the fun by making and entering your own Magnolia Pink Creation into this month's Color Challenge. Remember, one lucky participant (selected at random) wins a $25.00 gift voucher for a Magnolia-licious Shopping Spree!! Who knows...that lucky person could very well be YOU!!!

That's it for me, kiddos...thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...and for leaving such kind comments. You are the best!! Sending virtual hugs out to each of you...until next time....