Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summertime...and the livin' is easy!

Do you remember that song? It's an oldie...(from the 50's or 60's) and I can't recall who sang it. But I remember hearing it in my youth...a long, long time ago!! Well...guess what? Our very sweet and insanely talented DT sistah and this week's "Hostess with the Mostest", Sheila, has come up with a fabulous...and fun theme for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge...Yep...this week's challenge theme is...

Here Comes Summer!!

Yikes...isn't that fabulous? The possibilities are endless!! Well...here's what I came up with...using one of my very fave Mo Manning sweethearts, Strawberry Girl...available for your immediate purchase and downloadage (that's a word I just made up...cool, huh?) HERE at Mo's Digital Pencil Too!


Seriously, could this little girl be ANY cuter?! This reminds me...have you ever had the opportunity to pick strawberries and eat them as soon as you picked 'em? Soooo deliciously sweet and juicy, right? And that little extra dirt stuck to them when freshly picked made them all the more flavorful, right? Well, I wouldn't know because my mother wouldn't let us kids eat any fruit until is was properly washed and sanitized! LOL!! It's true...I lived such a sheltered childhood...but I have to admit, I never got sick from eating dirty fruit! (At least not that I know of, anyway! LOLOLOL!) Well...so much for fresh-picked strawberries...but I tell ya, they still remind me of Summer!!


Aren't these DPs the most delicious?! Strawberries without the dirt! I think even my mom would approve! They came from Making Memories "English Garden" collection. The Real Red & Bordering Blue cardstock is from SU. Love these colors together!! The rubies came from my great great grandmother (just kidding...they're red rhinestones!)...the ribbon is from my stash...and that sentiment is from some fun new stamps I just got from LOTV!! I colored this cutie with Copics & prismacolor pencils. I'm liking pencils more and more. And when used with Copics, they add some fabulous richness and depth!


I used Nestabilities and my MS punches for the inside. Don'tcha just love this strawberry charm? It's the perfect little embellie! Well, I think so anyway! And, last, but by no means least...the "artsy fartsy" pic....


I'm not sure if you can see or not...but this little darlin' has red polish on her fingernails & toenails! That's a little tribute to our 4 gorgeous granddaughters (Emma, Sophie, Ava, Mia) who love getting manis & pedies...and have since they were 2 or 3 years old...funny!!

So...that's enough rambling from me! Now be a sweetheart and pop on over to Mo's DP2 Challenge Blog and take a peek at the fabby summer inspiration by my amazingly fun and talented Design Teamies!! And then...well you know what comes next...GET BUSY CRAFTIN'!!

Remember...we'll be scouting for next month's Guest Designer for one more week...so, if you're interested in having some fun with Mo's DT, please add GD to your name when you enter this week's challenge!!

Have a wonderful, strawberry nibbling week, my friends. Big, thankful hugs to all of you...until next time....