Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A lifetime of happiness...

Hi friends...I hope you've had a great couple of weeks! I can hardly believe it's the 4th Tuesday of May already! I have no idea where the month has gone! I do know this, tho...it's time for another fabulous challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Whoohoooo!! So...our very sweet and talented Design Teamie, Norma, is our hostess again...and she's chosen a photo of this simple, yet elegant dining room (at least I think it's a dining room...although I don't see any craft supplies...and I know some people keep their crafting goodies in the dining room! hehehe!) But, I digress...here's the photo that Norma has chosen to help inspire us all....


Gorgeous, huh? So...here's what I came up with for this month's Inspiration Challenge...


Our daughter, Jenna, called last week to share some exciting news...she's engaged to be married! We're so happy for her and her fiance, Adam. So I thought I'd make a little "Best Wishes" card to help them celebrate! Here's a close-up of Tilda & Edwin...this time I'm imagining that Edwin is hugging Tilda (unlike the last time I used this adorable stamp...when I commented that it looked like Edwin was trying to choke poor Tilda! LOL!!)


They're so dang cute, aren't they? I colored Tilda & Edwin with Copics & Prismacolor pencils: E21, 00, 000, 0000 (skin); R20 (cheeks); E29, 25, 23, 50 (hair); G99, 94, 82, 40 & BG93 (greens); BV13, 11, 02, 02, 00, 000, 0000 (lavenders); W1 & 0 (shadow); and C2, 1, 0 (ground). Here's a side view...


Cardstock is from Stampin' Up (Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla, & Mellow Moss); Always Artichoke seam binding (SU); DPs & pearl embellie are from my stash; the scrummy flowers, lace, and metal corner embellishment are all from Wild Orchids Crafts. And of course the Tilda & Edwin image is called Brother and Sister and is available from Magnolia-licious, my fave store for all things Magnolia!! Here's a peek at the inside...you'll notice I used another fun Magnolia love border stamp (I can't, for the life of me, remember what it's called...but I do know I got it from Diana's store). It's a fabby little somethin' that can be used to "jazz up" the corner of any card or envelope. Clever, right?

And, of course, the standard "artsy" angle for your viewing pleasure... (I know, I know...I won't quit my day job for a career in photography! hehehe!)


I had such fun making this card! I've never been a "purple person"...but I kinda like the purple with the greens and ivory...with a little distressing. Whatcha think?

OK...now pop on over to Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and take a peek at the gorgeous creations by my exceptionally talented DT sistahs!! You won't be disappointed, I promise!! Then get your crafting goodies out and start on your own paper project. Remember...Diana Crick, owner of Magnolia-licious, has generously donated a $25.00 gift voucher for one lucky challenge participant (selected at random). Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to. Now...go...have fun!! Until next time, sweet friends....