Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Sugar Bowl turns TWO!!

Hi sweeties!! Can you believe it...the Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog is celebrating its SECOND birthday!! YIKES!! Well, I can tell you that, since I've discovered Sugar Nellie and the Sugar Bowl not quite a year ago, I've had the best time shopping for and crafting with the many, many fabby Sugar Nellie images!! My faves? Hmmm...hard to say...I really do love 'em all!! Here's one of my fave Sugar Nellie images, tho...she's called "Fairy Tale"...and she's the brainchild of Krista Smith...and just one of the Simply Sassy Collection available at Funky Kits HERE! I love, love, LOVE this little lady's big beautiful GREEN eyes...and that nose and those lips...too dang cute, don'tcha think!!


So our challenge this time is to make a card that is NOT Christmas-related...incorporates some embossing...and follows this fabby sketch by our very own DT Sweetie, Marlene.


Well...I decided to turn Marlene's sketch on its side...and here's what I came up with...


Here are a couple of side views...



And a peek at the inside...


Here's a close-up of the sentiment...


And here are the Copics I used to color this sassy little darlin'...


Now...here's the best part...birthday celebrations should include birthday presents...and a SECOND birthday celebration should have TWO birthday presents!! Yes...that's right!! There will be not one, but TWO winners chosen at random...each prize contains Nestabilities and Sugar Nellie stamps valued at more than 50 pounds (which is a whole bunch of US dollars!!!) Whoooohoooo!


OK...whatcha waitin' for? Pop on over to to the Sugar Bowl Challenge Blog HERE and take a look at the beautiful cards made by my fellow DT Sweeties...then get busy! You've got TWO weeks to submit your works of art for "Challenge 50". Remember to use at least one of your fave Sugar Nellie images...follow Marlene's clever sketch...and, if the spirit moves ya, incorporate some kind of embossed component! Now, sweet friends, let the crafting begin!!!!