Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Uh oh, Santa...I can explain...

Whoohooo!!! Here we are again...with another fabby challenge for you at the new...and outrageously FUN Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! And the prize for this fortnight's challenge is a wonderful Mistletoe Border Doohickey Die from Diana Crick's online store...Magnolia-licious home of all things Magnolia...not to mention the exclusive distributor in North America to get your Magnolia "minis"!! I cannot wait to get my first order of those little darlings!!

I want to join Diana, Suzanne, Candy and the rest of my DT sistahs in thanking all of you who entered our very first "Pink & Yellow" challenge...and for some of you, this was your very first challenge ever! I'm thrilled beyond belief!!! You are the reason we're all having such fun here!! Oh...now, speaking of fun...

Our second challenge for Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog was chosen by our very own, uber talented Candy Mills. Here's the picture she chose for our "inspiration"...talk about non-traditional holiday colors, huh?! Purple, blue, and yellow...YIKES!! Plus stars and presents...I have to be honest, I had a tough time narrowing down what I was going to do with this challenge!! (I guess that's why they call it a challenge! KWIM?!) *** Sidebar here...I just found out from my DT sistahs what KWIM means...Know What I Mean?!! hehehe!! So...I know...got off track a bit...here's the Inspiration Pic...



An here's my interpretation...


I chose this darling little Lightning Edwin...you can find him at Magnolia-licious HERE. And, in my creative mind, I somehow included all of the inspiration elements...see if you can find them...Christmas tree; purple, blue, & yellow; stars; and present. (OK...here's a hint...I wrapped the whole front of the card as a present! LOL)

It's been a while since I made an easel card...I'd forgotten how much fun they are!!! Here's a side view.



And a close-up of Edwin...he's so cute, I could just eat him up!! (Reminds me of our grandson, Brody who always seems to be into something...a couple of years ago, he broke his arm jumping off the back of the sofa playing Super hero!!...He's all mended now!)



And a close-up of this darling sentiment from Just-Rite Stamps. (Seemed perfect for this little card!)



So...here's my "recipe"...
Cardstock: Very Vanilla & Not Quite Navy (Stampin' Up)
DPs: Creative Imaginations (I picked it up from my local craft store)
Eyelet Circle dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities
Edge punch: Martha Stewart (I think it's called Bubbles-something)
Diamonds: my jewelry box (I know...old joke...but it sill makes me laugh!!)
Ribbon & charm: my stash
Stickles: lavender, yellow, & waterfall
Christmas lights: I actually picked these up at a LCS too)
And here's a pic of the Copics I used.



So...I sure hope you like my little creation...and my DT entry for this fun, fun challenge!! Now...pull out your Magnolia stamps, paper, and markers, pencils, inks, and/or paints...and do some serious creating!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! Remember when you promised me that you'd enter our challenge again? Big Maggie hugs to all of you...and thanks for stopping by for a visit.