Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rose petals...




Hi everyone. Well, thanks to all of your wonderful comments, I actually took the plunge and made a card with a little Tilda image that I painted with distress inks. OMG!! It took me THREE times to get her right. But, I'm pretty pleased with how this little lady turned out! So thank you all for your kind comments and great support!!

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Tilda from the Wedding 2010 collection; sentiment from SU (Whimsical Words)
Cardstock: SU (Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery)
DPs: K & Company
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: stash
Nestabilities label # 10 and my trusty Cuttlebug
Inks: Versafine black, Rose red (for sentiment), and Tim Holtz distress inks (Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo - skin; Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen -dress & anklets; Shabby Shutters & Bundled Sage - basket; Bundled Sage - ground; Vintage Photo & Brushed Corduroy - hair; Aged Mahogony - rose petals & hair ornament; Black Soot - shoes).
I also used stickles for the rose petals and hair ornament, Glossy Accents for her shoes, and Copic C0 for a slight shadow around the image.

Those little pink dew drop baubles are from Stampin Bella. I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool and added a bit of Vintage Photo to make it look ever so vintage!!

I'm pretty pleased with the results. I hope you enjoy looking at my very FIRST distress-inked card.

And, just in case you just MUST HAVE this card, it is available at my online Etsy shop...I'd love for you to stop by and check out my inventory.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a beautiful rest of the week! (It's almost the weekend! YAY!) Pat